Pictures from the past week......
On our hike we found coconuts so our guide showed us how to open them and we got to taste fresh coconut, and drink the liquid in it. It tastes nothing like you think it would taste like.
Here is the jaguar footprint, looks a little to fresh for my taste.
Here is a view from one of the tents that we stayed in.
This is the waterfall that we swam in, and most of the students jumped off of.
So on our hike through the rain forest in the Osa, we saw TONS of these little leaf carrier ants. they were the coolest things that I have ever seen because they can carry 8x their weight and there were so many of them carrying these leaves up the trees.
This was a picture at the beach in the Cano Island, the water was so warm and it was so clear.
We saw these birds in the hike through the rain forest.
So, Tropical Storm Alma washed out one of the bridges on the way to the Osa, we were almost there too, so our bus driver made us all get out of the bus while he attempted to get the bus across this tiny little bridge. In the meantime, there a small little bar that we were all standing outside of watching the bus, and a really drunk tico came out and was driving us crazy. We were so glad to get back on the bus because it was raining too.
Here we all are waiting for the bus to cross the bridge, he got the back of the bus stuck and the boys ad to go help push it out.Recap of the last week.......
I've heard that some of you are concerned about my "whereabouts" because I haven't posted anything in a while. So here is a quick recap of the past week for me. We were supposed to leave for the Osa Peninsula last Friday, but because of Tropical Storm Alma, we had to delay the trip. So we spent Friday in class and working on our final presentations. On Saturday, we went white water rafting on the Pacure River. It was seriously one of the best times ever, except for the fact that I put 30 SPF sunscreen on 3 times throughout the trip and still got burnt on my legs and shoulders. We rafted for about 4 hours and then headed back to San Jose. On Sunday morning at 6am we left for the Osa Peninsula, and it was the longest bus ride I have ever been on. We stayed in these little tents that had beds in them and a bathroom attached to the platform that our tent was on. For some reason I attract any and every bug, so needless to say, I am covered in bug bites. On Monday we spent most of the day hiking through the rain forest and we saw some pretty cool stuff. I think the coolest thing for me was a jaguar footprint, they said that it was no older than 3 days old. Kind of scary. Anyways, we also hiked to this little waterfall and hung out there for a while. Unfortunately, I´ve been hit hard with a sinus infection, so I couldn´t jump off of the waterfall. On Monday, we went snorkeling at Cano Island, and it wasn´t as much fun as I thought that it would be. I saw some pretty cool fish, but couldn´t get my goggles to stop fogging up and sending water up my nose, so after 30 minutes of fighting with the goggles, I let them win and just prayed that a shark wouldn´t attack me. We got back late last night and we are leaving in about an hour for Puerto Viejo. We will be there until late Monday night, so don´t expect anything on this blog until then. And hopefully I will finally be able to catch up on things.
I've heard that some of you are concerned about my "whereabouts" because I haven't posted anything in a while. So here is a quick recap of the past week for me. We were supposed to leave for the Osa Peninsula last Friday, but because of Tropical Storm Alma, we had to delay the trip. So we spent Friday in class and working on our final presentations. On Saturday, we went white water rafting on the Pacure River. It was seriously one of the best times ever, except for the fact that I put 30 SPF sunscreen on 3 times throughout the trip and still got burnt on my legs and shoulders. We rafted for about 4 hours and then headed back to San Jose. On Sunday morning at 6am we left for the Osa Peninsula, and it was the longest bus ride I have ever been on. We stayed in these little tents that had beds in them and a bathroom attached to the platform that our tent was on. For some reason I attract any and every bug, so needless to say, I am covered in bug bites. On Monday we spent most of the day hiking through the rain forest and we saw some pretty cool stuff. I think the coolest thing for me was a jaguar footprint, they said that it was no older than 3 days old. Kind of scary. Anyways, we also hiked to this little waterfall and hung out there for a while. Unfortunately, I´ve been hit hard with a sinus infection, so I couldn´t jump off of the waterfall. On Monday, we went snorkeling at Cano Island, and it wasn´t as much fun as I thought that it would be. I saw some pretty cool fish, but couldn´t get my goggles to stop fogging up and sending water up my nose, so after 30 minutes of fighting with the goggles, I let them win and just prayed that a shark wouldn´t attack me. We got back late last night and we are leaving in about an hour for Puerto Viejo. We will be there until late Monday night, so don´t expect anything on this blog until then. And hopefully I will finally be able to catch up on things.
Until then, you can check out the blog that our professors are doing, they have a computer with them, so it is constantly updated, and they add pictures too. fsb-costarica2008.blogspot.com

No comments:
Post a Comment